Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Scratch Lesson and 3D Printing

The Scratch lesson Coding with Primary Sources is available at the TPS (Teaching with Primary Sources) Network. https://tpsteachersnetwork.org/album/46060-coding-with-primary-sources-scratch-30  The lesson includes student-facing instructions and the primary sources used for the sample Scratch program.  I would love feedback on the lesson and to hear about ways you may have adapted it for your classroom.


I have another project I have fallen in love with, kites.  It sounds so simple and yet the historical uses of kites and the advances they have facilitated are intriguing.  The project involves designing kites from measured drawings by Alexander Graham Bell's notebooks and more.  Designs could be made from recyclables, balsa wood and paper, and even 3D printed.  I'm having a great time developing this project.



I love the resources available at the Library of Congress!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Made It to the Fall Break

 Wow! What a year! I'm not just talking about 2020, but I am also referring to last school year 2019-2020 and the current school year 20...