Saturday, August 6, 2016

Fantastic Summer of Professional Development

It's been another amazing summer of professional development.  I attended the 2016 Global MindED conference in Denver, the MAVEN Elementary Educator Summit in Boulder, Texas Regional Collaborative Conference, and the Idaho MEMTA retreat.  Furthermore, I taught camp for STEMBus.usa.  All of these events combined for an exciting time networking and learning more strategies and content for my classroom.

In order to make the most of these professional development events, ideas, and people met, I decided to keep one notebook for all of notes, worksheets, and contacts.  Usually, I use a different notebook for each event and then have a hodge podge of notes and handouts that are difficult to keep organized and access.  After a summer full of learning, I now have all my information in one place.  I also made sure to highlight specific items I would like to integrate into my classroom instruction.  Now, as I prepare for the fast approaching school year, I can easily find information key for the new year.

If you are interested in attending professional development opportunities, it is possible to do it without funding it yourself.  My PD opportunities came through applications, scholarships, and grant writing to fund any remaining costs of the training.  There are a variety of paid professional development opportunities out there.  Do some basic searches, and you will begin to find opportunities that fit your needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Made It to the Fall Break

 Wow! What a year! I'm not just talking about 2020, but I am also referring to last school year 2019-2020 and the current school year 20...