Wednesday, January 18, 2017

First #NASAMgUE Meeting

Our team had our first meeting with #NASAMgUE last night.  Four of us were able to participate together, and the fifth was able to participate from home.  The good news is we all made it.  The not as good news is I felt a bit stressed by the end of the meeting.  At this moment, it feels as though there is quite a bit to do to be ready to go to NASA in April.  However, I was amazed by how my team members are embracing the challenge.  While I believe we all felt a bit of trepidation at the uphill climb ahead of us, no one shied away from the challenge.  We went immediately into conquer mode and began discussing meeting times for the team.  I feel privileged to be working with this team of educators who want to put their best foot forward and represent our school in the best positive light.  Our next steps are to contact our team mentor, review the TSR Guidelines, and begin preparing our outreach presentation.  In addition to the #NASAMgUE assignments, we also are planning how to work through the project with our students.  I am feeling the pressure only because I seem to have several other projects outside of NASA going on at the same time.  There were a couple of grants I wanted to write, and I am working part time writing STEM curriculum.  I am just so thankful my team is on board and ready to jump in.  Our combined enthusiasm will make the load lighter.  It will also make the project that much more exciting.  Even with all the other pressures I am feeling at this moment, I would advise anyone who has this opportunity to submit a proposal.  It may push you into that space outside your comfort zone, but that's just part of what makes it worthwhile.  We ask our students to do this every day.  Take the challenge if the opportunity presents itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Made It to the Fall Break

 Wow! What a year! I'm not just talking about 2020, but I am also referring to last school year 2019-2020 and the current school year 20...