Sunday, October 9, 2016

Conferences

Although it is difficult to be out of the classroom during the school year, I am excited to be attending the Regional NSTA Conference in Portland, OR in November.  This will be my first time attending an NSTA conference,  I am looking forward to all the learning opportunities and networking with other education professionals.  In addition, the timing for this conference does not require me to miss any days with the students, which is always a good thing.

In March, I will be presenting at the 2017 NCCE Conference in Portland, OR.  For this conference, I will be teaching a workshop, as well as, learning new instructional and integration strategies.  My workshop will involve participants working through an abbreviated City X Project curriculum, creating clay models, and designing their 3D solutions on Tinkercad.com.  Although I will have to miss some time with my students, I am looking forward to working with other educators and bringing new ideas back to my classroom.

I'll make sure to share all the great ideas I gather during the course of both conferences.  Keep watching for updates, additional conferences, and other professional opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Made It to the Fall Break

 Wow! What a year! I'm not just talking about 2020, but I am also referring to last school year 2019-2020 and the current school year 20...