Saturday, October 1, 2016

Pilot Projects

I am so excited to get started on a couple of new projects, Cubit and Junior Botball Challenge.  I have been working with Cubit http://cubit.cc/ on testing and piloting their science curriculum and robots and should receive my materials in late October.  I just received word this week that I was accepted in the Idaho STEM Action Center Junior Botball Pilot grant https://www.juniorbotballchallenge.org/.  Both programs will be used in my after school groups to provide additional instruction in elementary engineering.  I am thrilled because both pilots come with existing curriculum that does not me require to search and plan instruction.  Furthermore, both projects will be valuable to students in the after school groups and then will be available for use in the school's makerspace to promote further exploration.  I have started working with Cubit on planning and discussing implementation, and can't wait to learn more about the Junior Botball Challenge.  Stay tuned for updates as the pilots get underway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Made It to the Fall Break

 Wow! What a year! I'm not just talking about 2020, but I am also referring to last school year 2019-2020 and the current school year 20...