Thursday, September 27, 2012

Week 5 - Surprise Surpise

      My first Kindergarten class of the week seemed to be a complete failure.  This week, I was going to try and have a more structured build activity to teach the students the basic principles in building with the Brick Lab. The first issue I had is that there are 21 of them and only one of me.  I had directions for them to share with a partner and I was also demonstrating on the document camera.  However, it was very difficult to keep everyone at the same building point.  Many students didn't get their build completed before it was time for them to go, not to mention time to clean up.  I decided after that lesson to not require them to do a structured build until after Christmas.  Then I talked with their teacher.  She had thought it was a wonderful success.  The students were so proud of what they had done and were showing her with glee.  I am going to stay with the structured build for this week and see if I can improve the instruction.  I'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Made It to the Fall Break

 Wow! What a year! I'm not just talking about 2020, but I am also referring to last school year 2019-2020 and the current school year 20...