Sunday, September 23, 2012

Week 5 - Challenges and Wrap Ups

     This week 4th and 5th grade students will be complete the activity from last week they didn't get to yet.  They are either working on programming the LEGO NXT Mindstorms to perform sharp and curvy turns as prescribed on a mat prepared by me, or they are building with the Academy of Engineering.  Next week, we will wrap up unfinished builds, review concepts, and run robots under a timed situation to see which programs are the most efficient.  3rd grade will have a challenge of constructing a vertical marble race after working with inclined planes.  2nd will be building with K'NEX.  1st grade has a challenge of constructing bridges across a given distance after learning how to build bridges that cross a span or gap last week.  Kindergartners will be working on building things that start with the "s" sound.  I take a group picture of the class with their builds once time is up so that I can post it in the hallway with the appropriate letter above it.  It is all going well, but I have revisited some of my plans after looking at the year of planning ahead.  I'll share more about that another time.  The struggle with the Mindstorms is six robots for 300 students, 10 classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Made It to the Fall Break

 Wow! What a year! I'm not just talking about 2020, but I am also referring to last school year 2019-2020 and the current school year 20...