Sunday, September 9, 2012

Week 2 - Building in Review

     It was a fun and successful week of building overall.  It is interesting how different groups of students at the same grade level perform on the same tasks.  Having three to four of the same grade level classes, gave me the opportunity to refine the lessons, but also to judge the effectiveness of the lesson by observing it in action for more than one group.  I also have the opportunity to notice different learning styles while the students work in the engineering lab.  Working with the students provides insight into the lessons from the curriculum as well.  After teaching one lesson to first grade students, I realized the directions were a little difficult for one portion of the structure.  I was able to adapt the steps and use them with other classes.  It seemed to make the task a little easier for the students and provided a greater opportunity to work on the concept of symmetry.  I am looking forward to a full week of teaching next week and have a couple of challenges I have devised for first and third.  I am excited to see how they turn out, but am also nervous of the potential outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Made It to the Fall Break

 Wow! What a year! I'm not just talking about 2020, but I am also referring to last school year 2019-2020 and the current school year 20...