Saturday, September 1, 2012

Week 1 - Surviving Elementary Engineering

     I survived and enjoyed the first week of teaching elementary engineering.  I came into a classroom that hadn't changed much in the five years our school had been open.  Therefore, I decided to create a scavenger  hunt for the our first time together.  My goal was to help familiarize new students to the lab and give returning students a chance to learn where I moved things to.  Since I was working with students as young as kindergarten, I used pictures for the scavenger hunt worksheet.  My second goal was to include some fun items to find and give them practice finding the resources they would need in class.  All the grade levels seemed to enjoy the scavenger hunt, and it provided an opportunity to reinforce the lab rules.  Next week we build!

1 comment:

  1. So creative! What a great idea. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Made It to the Fall Break

 Wow! What a year! I'm not just talking about 2020, but I am also referring to last school year 2019-2020 and the current school year 20...